Receipt scanning and uploading

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but I am having a lot of trouble with uploading receipts to my transactions in the Coconut app. At the moment, snapping a picture of receipts in the app is very basic. I cannot zoom in to the picture I have taken to check all the information is eligible. Also, it would be good to be able to crop the image, to take out any unnecessary background. I have been taking pictures with the native iPhone app and then importing them into Coconut but when I try to preview the uploaded image there is nothing there. I am not sure if the upload has been successful or not. I have also tried attaching files using the “Browse Files” option but when I do this, I get a message saying the ‘JPG’ format is not supported. So I tried uploading a PDF version. The file uploads, but again when I try to preview the uploaded file, the screen is blank.

It would be great if there were a few more picture editing and previewing features and I think there are some bugs that need resolving.

Thanks @VoiceActor - I think I gave you a workaround for some of the issues you were having in a separate thread but re. more advanced camera controls, we’ll make sure to pop this on our backlog for a think - I certainly agree we can do a lot more with the camera capture, so stay tuned. Keep em coming!

1 Like

The Samsung S10 phone has a scan facility which solves this problem also in Android there is an app called Scancam, is there one for the iPhone?